The Committee shall have powers to consider and report on the following:
- Ensure proper management and control of the use of Natural Resources
- To co-operate with and assist the National Resources Board in carrying out the objectives of the Natural Resources Act.
- Consideration of land disputes.
- Establishment of fireguards
- Delegate duties to sub-committees
- Provision of services for improvement of agriculture. Forestry, horticulture and livestock.
- Prevention of pollution in any form
- Take measures to control and exterminate insects and pests
- Facilitate the establishment of intensive conservation areas committees prepares policies on conservation.